Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
The Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides unparalleled technical support service to Marine Corps customers to best meet customer’s needs.
How to Open Service Requests with Cisco TAC
There are four Severity Levels for support:
Severity 1 (S1). Network or environment is down or there is a critical issue affecting business operations. FCN and Cisco, along with the Government POC, will commit to 24×7 coverage until the case is resolved.
Severity 2 (S2). Operations on an existing network or environment is severely degraded. FCN and Cisco, along with the Government POC, will commit full-time resources during standard business hours to resolve the situation.
Severity 3 (S3). Operational performance of your network or environment is impaired. FCN and Cisco, along with the Government POC, will commit resources during standard business hours to resolve.
Severity 4 (S4). Information is required on Cisco product capabilities, installation, or configuration. There is little or no impact on your business operations.
For Severity Levels 1 and 2
- Call Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (Cisco TAC) at 800-553-2447
- Select “Option 1” for a Live Customer Hand-off to a Cisco engineer
Note: You must have of the following to request assistance:
- Your Cisco.com ID (CCO ID) and contact information (full name)
- Anticipated severity level
- Preferred contact method (email address or phone number)
- GEMSS Contract #204250592
- Device serial number
- Description of your issue (symptoms, business impact, technology)
- Site information (for verification purposes)
- The troubleshooting steps you have already taken
For Severity Levels 3 and 4
Use the online tool to initiate your service request.
If your case is not progressing adequately, or in the case of unsatisfactory service, escalate your request as follows:
During normal business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m Eastern)
- Contact Cisco TAC at 1-800-553-2447
- If your request is not already Severity Level 1 or 2 ask that severity be raised.
- If your request is already at Severity level 1 or 2, you may at any time contact your High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) via phone or by emailing the HTOM Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays
- Contact Cisco TAC at 1-800-553-2447.
- If your request is not already Severity Level 1 or 2 ask that it be raised.
- Ask for the TAC Duty Manager on duty.
- You may also engage the on-call U.S. Public Sector HTOM by emailing email@example.com
DOD ESI Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI) Orderable Advanced Services
Cisco’s Advanced Services, available to be ordered off of the ESI contract, are predefined fee-based engagements to compliment GEMSS dedicated engineering support.